Podcast Production Elgin
Producing great podcasts is art! Let Grindstone Production help you master it!
Podcasting Elgin, Illinois
Flashback 20 years ago to 2000. Did you ever hear of podcasting? It was around, only done by some that tried uploading it on Itunes as mean to just get content out to people. Now podcasting is a nationwide term. Companies are forming to put podcasts under one banner. Production value has gone up, and everyone is out there trying to get people to listen to their shows.
However, new podcasters in Elgin, Illinois now need to have a hook, a way to get people to listen. Gone are the days of just two people sitting in a basement on a microphone talking about whatever they want. Podcasting has become more about production elements than storytelling. It has become more about engaging listeners and connecting with them through audio than just espousing off views. This is where Grindstone Productions can help.
Grindstone Productions is an industry leader in helping aspiring new podcasters in Elgin, to bring their podcasts to the next level. We can add the production elements, we can add the equipment that is necessary to make sure your cast gets heard. If you are ready to start your journey today fill out the contact form on the right and one of our digital audio producers will get back to you as soon as possible. You have stories to tell, let Grindstone get them out there!
Starting a Podcast in Elgin, Illinois
Podcasting is a great equalizer. Anyone can start a podcast regardless of age, gender, individuality, it doesn’t matter, all you need is a microphone and a chair. However, in today’s podcast arena you need to bring the style and bring the flair to get picked up and to go viral. That is where Grindstone Productions comes in. we can give that pizzazz that sizzle on the steak that makes it so much more delicious to listen to than anything else.
However, where should you start? What are some of the things you should think about before you are going to create your podcast? Here are some simple things you can start thinking about for your new podcast:
1. Topic – Topic is a big thing to think about before you start a podcast. The number one thing you have to remember about the podcast is that it is all stories. You’re telling the audience a story whether it is a daily story from your life and your thoughts on it, or something to do with the history of the town you live in; like Elgin. An intriguing story, an engaging story, the cause and effects of what happened all of these are what the great podcasts out there are about. Don’t get bogged down in length, and how many episodes you are going to have that will come later your first thing should always be the topic.
2. Fictional v Non-Fictional – It is almost weird to think that 100 years ago people used together around a radio and listen to broadcasts of fictional stories. Shows like The Shadow and more Noir series that were produced for the medium. 100 years later they are making a comeback! Fictional podcast stories can be even more engaging. Shows like Limetown even got picked up for a new TV series and it’s all invented fictional stories. Non Fictional stories inspire documentaries like Serial that was produced by HBO Films as a documentary series or even audio tapes of old interviews. These are engaging as well. Think about what direction you want to go and then how the story will flow.
3. Writing – Even if a show is you and your friend talking about fantasy football in your garage there is some element to writing. You need to know where the show is going to go, the pacing, the content. How are you going to get from point A to point B to point C to the finale. Whether it is a script for actors to read or it’s an on-air conversation you should have things written down to convey where you are going.
4. Production Elements – Where is the production element going to come in to? Where should sound effects be inserted, packages, interview tapes? When working with podcast production companies in Elgin, they will definitely have input on this to help but you should have an idea of what you are looking for. Do you want music to play low in the background when you are talking? Do you want to have a produced introduction to the show? A theme song for your podcast? These elements can tie a show together and make you think about how you want to tell your story. More Perfect does this in a unique way, the material is nothing more than Supreme Court cases but the production value is what sells you to listen to it.
5. Music: You should start scanning the sites for royalty-free music and start putting together a playlist. Music regardless if it is a fictional or non-fictional show is going to be a good part of your show. There are a plethora of resources out there for you to use to find some really great options. Listen to youtube videos from professional influencers for how to get some great music for your video.
6. Create Your Accounts: As with anything you are going to nee a platform to showcase your work. Start now by getting a good Gmail address you can run your contact center off of for free. Sign up for the services and see what their upload requirements are. Start with just a Youtube video of your podcast to host the content for a free and easy way for people to link out there. You’re in the audio show business now, and a lot of people think that is easier than video and it is not. It is just as important to sell your voice an ideas as it is a product.
When you are ready and used to these ideas fill out the form on the page or give us a call. We can help you with your podcast and can help you take it to the next level. We can’t wait to hear what you came up with.
If you are looking for other ways to get noticed in Elgin, Illinois read some of our other services below for a more in-depth look at what Grindstone Production can do for you.
Documentary Films Elgin, Illinois
Documentary filmmaking is breaking out all over the world and we can help you create your vision and tell your story! Documentary Filmmaking Elgin It's really interesting to see the world change media styles and media consumption with the new technologies of the day. ...
Television Ad Production Elgin
Beautiful, creative, and unique way of getting your business to the people! Television Ad Production Elgin 8 seconds. That's what you have. 8 seconds is now the average attention span of humans. That means that your television advertisement doesn't just need to be...
Business Videos Elgin, Illinois You want to separate your business from the rest. You want to break away from the mold and become the business or professional service that everyone is talking about. Grindstone Productions has been the number one choice for...